February 5, 2008

Glad to be here

Welcome to the new blog, It's great to have you here.

Capturing a moment in time never to be lived again is wonderfully rewarding. I believe in capturing the history of an event and the spirit of the people all in a frame at the same time. Timeless art lives in the history and truth of the well captured moments of everyday life.

My love for photography began as a kid when I learned photojournalism and B&W darkroom processing with my dad, a photojournalism/photography/graphics teacher. I started digital in 1999 with a Nikon CoolPix800 (2.1mp!! - Genuine Fractals 5 is a beautiful thing) and have moved through numerous other setups and experiences to Canon EOS Digital(Glad to be here) Another huge influence in my photography is my father-in-law who is a seasoned wedding photographer having over 20 years in the business. He currently shoots film in medium format; observing him direct a group through family and wedding party portraits/formals after the ceremony is great thing that's taught me a lot. Lastly, I have found great guidance in good friends Carrie and Eric Green of Eric Green Photography. Their advice, support, and assistance in moving to the Canon EOS/digital/studio lighting/portrait world has been outstanding. It's wonderful to find others who have such a "pay it forward" attitude about this craft. Thanks guys.

My hope for this site is to serve as a sounding board for me and my work and the people I shoot for.

Thanks for your support, and I hope to hear from you.

Nate

No comments:

Post a Comment